Why is screening important?
Colorectal cancer screening is a routine preventive measure that can save your life. Even when you feel healthy, screening tests are an important part of maintaining good health.
A colorectal cancer screening test can:
- Identify people who are more likely to have or develop colorectal cancer even if they do not have symptoms.
- Find pre-cancerous polyps (growths) so they can be removed before they turn into colorectal cancer.
- Find colorectal cancer at an early stage when the chance of being cured is high.
Benefits of colorectal cancer screening:
- Regular screening can reduce the odds of dying from colorectal cancer.
- Screening can find polyps so they can be removed before they turn into colorectal cancer. Screening can also detect colorectal cancer early when the chance of being cured is high.
- Screening can identify people who are more likely to have or develop cancer even if they do not have symptoms.
- Peace of mind: getting screened can make you feel confident that you do not have colorectal cancer.
- There are multiple screening options to choose from; you can pick the option that is best for you.
- Regular screening for colorectal cancer is one of the best ways to prevent colorectal cancer.
- Colorectal cancer screening can prevent and identify colorectal cancer early in people with and without risk factors for colorectal cancer.
- Colorectal cancer screening can save your life!